Rome - The Eternal City
Guided Weekend TripBook Now
Explore the magic of the “Eternal City”. Retrace the footsteps of gladiators at the Colosseum, skip the line into the Vatican and marvel at the art, drama filled history, and amazing architecture. You’ll be able to enjoy a walking tour along the Spanish Steps, and toss a coin into the Trevi fountain ensuring this won’t be your last trip to Rome!
- Skip-the-line into the Colosseum, Vatican, St. Peter's, and the Roman Forum
- Stroll along the Spanish steps and toss a coin into the Trevi Fountain
- Visit the Campo de Fiori market where you can find handmade Italian goods
- Gelato 101 lesson complete with samples
- Dinners at the authentic local eateries
- We offer a BYO Accommodation option so you can pick your own accommodation
If your date isn't included, email us
and we'll try to squeeze you in!
Meet Your Tour Guide:
Originally from England, I moved to Rome in 2011 because... well... it is the sexiest city in the world! With me you will have a very unique experience... Italy from a British perspective... and with a British accent!!!! I have experienced these cities as a tourist and as a student, so I understand exactly how you feel, and I aim to make this the best trip ever and help you make the most out of every second!
Our BYO accommodation option means you get to book your own accomodation and join in on all of our epic activities for the weekend with the rest of the group! Its the perfect option for people who have already booked accomodation in a city or a group of friends who might want to share an airbnb or a hotel room.
WSA ROME WEEKEND
Day 0 - Thursday (optional early arrival highly recomended)
With such a big, incredible city, we highlyrecommend arriving on Thursday for more time to explore. Our guide can meet you at the hostel and help you arrange for dinner or nightlife
Day 1 - Friday: Papal Rome
We'll meet up at the hostel promptly at 10 AM to go over the plan for the weekend. Toss back a double espresso because we're headed out for a walking tour of the Spanish Steps, Trevi Fountain, Pantheon, and Piazza Navona. Next its on to St. Peter's and the Vatican Museums! These halls are packed with the most priceless artwork in the world which will keep you on your feet for hours. We'll head back to the hostel for a quick break and then we'll meet up for the optional dinner with wine. Unfortunately if you arrive later on Friday and miss the vatican you may not have the chance to make this up since it is closed on Sunday.
Day 2 - Saturday: Ancient Rome
We'll head to the Colosseum, then visit the ancient forum and you'll have the oppportunity to grab lunch near the city center. Next we're off to Campo de'Fiori market for handmade Italian goods. You'll have some free time in the afternoon and we'll meet up for a group dinner and your guide will show you Rome's top hot spots with WSA exclusive discounts.
Day 3 - Sunday: Tearful Goodbyes
The tour ends after breakfast and students are welcome to depart at any time that suits them and their travel arrangements. Your WSA guide will make recommendations for those who have extra time in town. We recommend the Galleria Borghese for amazing Baroque art or the Porta Portese flea market for some incredible antique discoveries.
* Please note: this itinerary is an approximation of the tour. All aspects of the tour are subject to change in the event of sight closures and strikes. Please get in touch with us if you have any questions at all! :)Book Now
Unguided WSA DetourBook Now
Our DIY Rome tour gets you into the Colosseum, Ancient Forum, Vatican Museums, Sistine Chapel and St. Peter's Basilica all without standing in line. Don't forget our top recommendations for pizza, panini, espresso, and gelato!
- Skip the line entry into the Colosseum & the Vatican Museums
- Top-rated hostel accommodations
- All roads lead to Rome: In a city known for having the some of the best culinary creations in the world we provide the local insider info to discover the best of the best for pizza, gelato, wine, and pasta
WSA Detours allow for you to show up and have all the fun, and none of the headache. These newly updated Detours help you know all our favorite places in Rome.
- 2 nights in our favorite hostel in Rome
- Skip-the-line entry into the Colosseum and Forum
- Skip-the-line entry into the Vatican Museums and Sistine Chapel
- Guidebook chapter for Rome researched and compiled by Andy Steves
VENICE CINQUE TERRE PISA FLORENCE
ROME Tour the best of Italy on our Italian Extravaganza! Dive into the best pesto, pasta, pizza and gelato you've ever tasted. And enjoy a fun guide while exploring these amazing cities.
Experience the best Italy has to offer on a 10-day whirlwind adventure through Venice, Cinque Terre, Florence, Pisa and Rome! - More Info
I had such an awesome weekend with my WSA group! Our leader was so great, really cool and nice. We got to see everything and it didn't feel rushed at all.Gerty Flagg, Keene State College ~ Fall 2015
Spots are limited!
We keep our groups small, so save your spot now! Check out our Tripadvisor, App Store & Facebook travel love below.
Stay up to date with upcoming tours, deals and discounts through our Facebook page!
Pick a city and go! All new budget guidebook from Andy Steves, Founder and Chief Backpacker of WSA.