Prague - Land of Fairy Tales
Guided Weekend TripBook Now
Prague looks like a place straight out of a fairy tale complete with a castle, palace, and princess! With Prague Weekend you get the best of both worlds: history and sightseeing along, with culture which includes late nights out! This magical city will fascinate you and leave you wanting to come back for more!
- Entry to climb the Old Town Clocktower for the best 360° views of the city
- Tag the Lennon Wall
- Entry into Prague Castle
- Sample Trdelniks an irresistible Czech dessert
- Take in views from the river on paddle boats (weather dependent)
- Savor some of the world's best (and cheapest) beer
- Opt in for a traditional Czech dinner and drink at the hilltop Strahov Monastery brewery
- Notorious nightlife at the cities best bars and clubs
- Stay in Prague’s top boutique hostel
- Full time service of our awesome private local guide
- Sat Oct 21- Mon Oct 23
- Sat Oct 28- Mon Oct 30
- Fri Nov 10- Sun Nov 12
- Sat Nov 25- Mon Nov 27
- Sat Dec 2- Mon Dec 4
If your date isn't included, email us
and we'll try to squeeze you in!
Meet Your Tour Guide:
"Adi was so much fun! Without him, I would have missed out on a lot of cool experiences. The tour was the perfect balance of history and activity so there was always never a dull moment." Lexi, Feb 2015
Ahoj from Prague! My name is Adi, and I'm so excited to join WSA this year! Since moving here for university in 2011, I've found that there are so many hidden treasurers here that true globetrotters would be thrilled to see. Come join me for an exciting weekend in Prague and see why it beat London as the 2nd most-visited destination in the WORLD in 2014!
- Tag the Lennon Wall & check out the famous Peeing Statues
- Visit Prague Castle- the largest Castle in all of Europe
- Afternoon paddle boating along the Vltava River (weather dependent)
- Entry & climb to Old Town Clocktower for panoramic views of Prague
- Nightlife deals on the best pub crawls in the city
- Two nights accommodation at Prague's top hostel
- All local group transportation
- The full-time service of our professional, local WSA guide
- Small, fun group of fellow backpackers
- Discounts on all other WSA Adventures
- Pub crawls and 5-story club
- Dinners and drinks where not included
- Breakfast at cafes nearby or at hostel
PRAGUE 3 Days, 2 Nights
Day 0 - Thursday: Optional Early Arrival
If you've got the time, arrive a day early so you can explore and get your barings a bit on this beautiful city. You'll have time to check out some beautiful parks and other neighborhoods that we won't cover as a group. The hostel puts on nightly pub crawls for you to enjoy!
Day 1 - Friday: Prague's Old Town
The adventure officially begins 10am Friday morning when your local guide will pick you up and break down the itinerary. On your first day in town, you'll exploring the old Medieval heart of Prague, the Old Town. On this three hour orientational walking tour, you'll see the Old Town Square, climb the famous Clocktower and take in the massive Wenceslas Square where the Velvet Revolution began to break the Czechs away from Communism. The Old City is jam-packed with striking Baroque, Renaissance and Gothic architecture, making you feel as if you jumped straight into a fairytale novel, and you'll have lunch in a traditional Czech restaurant.
We'll continue into the Jewish Quarter of Prague, to see the Pinkas Synagogue and to peer into the Jewish cemetery where over 200,000 people are buried. That afternoon, you'll enjoy the good weather with paddle boating on the Vlatava. Don’t forget to BYO snacks & beverages! Meet up with the WSA group back at the hostel for an evening of ghost stories, and a night out including Prague’s most unique cellar bars & pubs. In the clubbing mood? Prague boasts a famous 5-floor club!
Day 2 - Saturday: Lesser Quarter & Prague Castle
At 10:30am, the group will strike out for Prague's quaint Lesser Quarter located in the shadow of the Prague Castle. In this district, you'll take a few hours to tag the Lennon Wall , cross the Lover's Bridge, see the Infant Jesus Church of Prague, and have a laugh at the Pissing Statues.
Climb up the hill to the Castle where your guide will break down the history of Europe's longest ancient castle while looking out over the city of Prague. You'll have the chance tol tour the castle where you may just catch the change of the guard. Kick back and enjoy a pint at the Strahov Monastery, a historic monastery that brews their own delicious beer! With beer cheaper than water, Prague is the perfect place for budget travelers on another night out on the town.
Day 3 - Sunday: Dekuji!
WSA keeps the itinerary open on Sundays to cater to what travelers would like to do: more museums, or perhaps you want to head south of town to climb the Vysehrad Castle. We'll help set you up with directions, recommendations and any info you may need. Tour members are free to leave whenever to catch transportation arrangements.
* Please note: this itinerary is an approximation of the tour. All aspects of the tour are subject to change in the event of sight closures, weather, custom group preferences, etc. Please get in touch with us if you have any questions.Book Now
Unguided WSA DetourBook Now
More of a solo go-getter? The Prague Detour is perfect for you! This city has beautiful architecture, delicious goulash, world-famous beer, and a raging nightlife, it’s no wonder Prague is at the top of everyone’s must-see list! Use our itinerary and insider tips to guide you through this enchanted city to make the most of your time and get off the beaten path!
- Tour the largest castle in all of Europe
- Knock back the world’s most delicious beer
- Visit the famous Hanging Man sculpture
- Discover the city’s best goulash
BUDAPEST KRAKOW PRAGUE Explore Central Europe's most unforgettable cities during your break! In 9 jampacked days, you'll jump into the infamous thermal baths, day trip to Auschwitz, cave beneath the hills of Buda, and take in panoramic views of Prague's clock towers, and of course savor the most delicious and hearty meals.
Best of Central Europe
This trip includes the infamous thermal baths, day trip to Auschwitz, caving expedition beneath the hills of Buda, panoramic views of Prague's clock towers, and of course the most delicious and hearty meals. Hitting all the stops young travelers love, as well as the best nightlife deals with our favorite locals at each stop, you don't want to miss the BEST of Central Europe. - More Info
Everything was so organized and the tour guide was AWESOME! They had everything planned out and I got a really good feel for life in the city. We even got to cut the lines for the Anne Frank House and Van Gogh museum. It was definitely worth the money and I would recommend to anyone looking for a fun filled weekend.Ben Swick, University of Dayton ~ ISA Maynooth University, Fall 2015
Spots are limited!
We keep our groups small, so save your spot now! Check out our Tripadvisor, App Store & Facebook travel love below.
Stay up to date with upcoming tours, deals and discounts through our Facebook page!
Pick a city and go! All new budget guidebook from Andy Steves, Founder and Chief Backpacker of WSA.