Krakow - Auschwitz
Guided Weekend TripBook Now
With over more than 200,000 students living in the city, Krakow is the place to go for a good time. Explore the city’s history during the day, then party at night. This city’s up-and-coming attitude will have you excited all weekend with checking out Schindler’s Factory, different city districts, a day trip to Auschwitz, vodka tasting, and more! All of this during one quick weekend in Poland’s student city!
- Day trip to Auschwitz and Birkenau concentration camps
- Entry into Schindler’s Factory, featured in the Spielberg’s classic: ‘Schindler’s List’
- Group Dinner at an underground microbrewery
- Vodka tasting lesson
- Golf cart ride through the Jewish Quarter
- Stay at the most popular hostel, only steps away from the lively Old Town center
- Nightlife highlights: explore the cellar bars beneath the city and underground student clubs
- Our professional local, Dawid, taking you every step of the way
- Additional option: Salt mining
If your date isn't included, email us
and we'll try to squeeze you in!
Meet Your Tour Guide:
After growing up just outside of Krakow, Dawid now enjoys showing students around his hometown. He studied at University in Krakow and he can't wait to show you the hidden side of his hometown.
"Dawid was extremely adept, he made it a trip that, for myself and my friends, will be memorable not only for its impact emotionally, but also for the unexpected gems discovered throughout the city and just blatant fun" - Kristen, Fall 2014
- Walking tours of the downtown, castle quarter, Jewish Quarter and Schindler Factory
- Day trip and entry into Auschwitz-Birkinau concentration camps and tour
- 2 nights in a great city-center hostel in Krakow's Old Town
- Typical Polish Vodka tasting lesson
- Our favorite local restaurants
- All local group transportation
- Full time service of our professional WSA Krakow local tour guide
- A fun group of fellow backpackers
- Discounts on all other WSA adventures and more!
- Discounted trip to the Salt Mines on Sunday
- Cheap, fun nightlife options organized by WSA guide and hostels
- Great food and drink throughout the weekend
KRAKOW 3 Days, 2 Nights:
Day 0 - Thursday: Optional Early Arrival
Your local guide will stop by the hostel to take you out on the town for drinks and food, as well as provide our best tips and recommendations for exploring the city. Great spots are only a couple minutes’ walk away from the centrally-located hostel!
Day 1 - Friday: Old Town & Kazimierz
The weekend officially kicks off at 10:00am with your local WSA guide, who will lay out the weekend itinerary. We'll then take you on the intro tour through Krakow's Medieval Old Town, making our way to the Castle, perched on a hill overlooking the city. Next we descend to Kazimierz, the historic Jewish Ghetto of Krakow. With a kosher lunch stop at our favorite street food spots, we ill continue to Schindler's Factory, the same that Spielberg’s famous movie Schindler’s List was based on, and now one of Europe’s best WWII museums.
We'll zip back to Old Town in style- via an extended-cab golf cart- After free time, group dinner is at Krakow's popular local eatery for a Polish feast. Next is the “Polish Party”, our private tasting where you’ll get to try up to 6 typical Polish vodkas and other spirits, before heading out to Krakow's best nightlife spots.
Day 2 - Saturday: Auschwitz Day Trip
At 10:00am, you'll meet your private driver at the door of the hostel for the day trip out to the Auschwitz and Birkinau concentration camps. This day trip includes will be an approx. 45 min drive, and a couple hours in the two camps responsible for killing an estimated million Jews while in operation during the war. Your English-speaking Auschwitz private guide will accompany you throughout, guiding you and sharing stories to remember the victims of the horrible past at this place.
After returning the hostel, take some time to decompress and rest a bit before meeting up for dinner at 7:00pm. Once more, WSA will take you to one of the favorite places in town, this time a subterranean beer hall for food and drink. Afterwards, the group will head out to one of Krakow’s hundreds of popular nightlife venues.
Day 3 - Sunday: Tearful Goodbyes
WSA keeps the itinerary open on Sundays for whatever tour members would like to do: including the optional trip to Wieczka Salt mine. Alternative activies are to climb a hill overlooking all of Krakow, catch a large flea market just outside of the Old Town, or take your time for cafes and shopping in Krakow’s hipster district. Tour members are free to leave whenever to catch transportation arrangements.
Please note: this itinerary is an approximation of the tour. All aspects of the tour are subject to change in the event of sight closures and strikes. Please get in touch with us if you have any questions!
Unguided WSA DetourBook Now
Retrace the cobblestones of history while winding through Krakow's medieval market square, pay your respects at Auschwitz, visit Schindler's Factory, and enjoy traditional Polish cuisine culture. Don’t forget the incredible nightlife of the city, packed with more than 200,000 local students!
- Take a day trip to Auschwitz Birkenau concentration camps
- Sleep in a top-rated hostel steps from Old Town Square and enjoy nightly ‘Polish Parties’
- €1 Nightlife, 7 nights/week student parties, and 24 hour pierogi
- Sweeten the mood at a chocolate factory and sample the city’s best Jewish food
BUDAPEST KRAKOW & PRAGUE Explore Central Europe's most unforgettable cities during your break! In 9 jam-packed days, you'll jump into the infamous thermal baths, day trip to Auschwitz, cave beneath the hills of Buda, and take in panoramic views of Prague's clock towers, and of course savor the most delicious and hearty meals.
Best of Central Europe
This trip includes the infamous thermal baths, day trip to Auschwitz, caving expedition beneath the hills of Buda, panoramic views of Prague's clock towers, and of course the most delicious and hearty meals. Hitting all the stops young travelers love, as well as the best nightlife deals with our favorite locals at each stop, you don't want to miss the BEST of Central Europe. - More Info
Spots are limited!
We keep our groups small, so save your spot now! Check out our Tripadvisor, App Store & Facebook travel love below.
Stay up to date with upcoming tours, deals and discounts through our Facebook page!
Pick a city and go! All new budget guidebook from Andy Steves, Founder and Chief Backpacker of WSA.