Edinburgh - Scotland's Medieval Spectacle
Unguided WSA DetourBook Now
Immerse yourself in this Scottish spectacle, renowned across the globe for its rugged beauty, welcoming locals, complex history and tasty cuisine. Explore the ramparts of Edinburgh Castle, experience genuine Scotch Whiskey & live like the queen at The Royal Yacht Britannia. Edinburgh’s medieval town is small enough to walk anywhere you need to go, but its modern city is immense enough to keep you coming back for more.
- Take a ride through the history of the world-famous drink that is Scotch Whiskey with a whiskey history tour
- Skip-the-line entry into the hauntingly beautiful Edinburgh Castle
- Step-by-step itinerary and destination info crafted by WSA travel experts to optimize your Edinburgh experience
- Stay in Edinburgh's top hostel, located in the heart of the city
- Option: Get the royal treatment with exclusive entrance to the Royal Yacht Britannia
Day 1 - Welcome and Arrival
Take today to arrive to the hostel, check in and relax. Strike out on the town to our recommended restaurants and nightlife venues.
Day 2 - Exploring Edinburgh's Old Town
Climb the Royal Mile up to the Edinburgh Castle. Tour this magnificent fortress overlooking all of Edinburgh. Meander down the town's main drag and pop into the Scottish Parliament. Grab a snack because we're climbing Arthur's Seat next!
Day 3 - Checking out the New Town
Take your extra time to explore the modern expansion of Edinburgh. Connect out of town as necessary for your travel arrangements.
We recommend you pick up travel insurance to stay safe. We've had a great professional relationship with World Nomads for years, and highly recommend them! We travel with them ourselves. Learn more here.
Spots are limited!
We keep our groups small, so save your spot now! Check out our Tripadvisor, App Store & Facebook travel love below.
Stay up to date with upcoming tours, deals and discounts through our Facebook page!
Pick a city and go! All new budget guidebook from Andy Steves, Founder and Chief Backpacker of WSA.