Guided Weekend TripBook Now
Expect the unexpected as you explore Budapest with WSA! In three short days we’ll get down and dirty deep in the caves of Buda, go on a pub crawl through the city’s coolest “ruin bars,” then relax at the traditional Hungarian thermal baths. Explore food markets and the city’s famous sights. Can you piece together clues to escape BP’s newest rage: the Live Escape Game? It’s a busy, fun, adventurous weekend!
- Caving Expedition adventure or chairlift ride to the highest point in BP
- Entry to Szechenyi thermal baths
- Entry into Live Escape Games
- Tour of the city’s famous sites – Heroes' Square, St. Stephen’s Basilica, Great Market Hall, and Jewish Quarter
- Explore the Castle District, Fisherman’s Bastion, and Matthias Church on the Buda Hill
If your date isn't included, email us
and we'll try to squeeze you in!
Meet Your Tour Guide:
WSA tours kick off Friday around 10:30am at the hostel. Get in Thursday evening if you can, otherwise first thing on Friday! We'll get your caught up if you arrive later on.
- 2 Nights accommodations in Budapest’s top-rated hostel (Friday, Saturday)
- Szechenyi Thermal Baths Entry
- Caving expedition adventure or option for chairlift ride to the highest point in the city for those who may be claustrophobic
- Turn up the heat and use your crativity to beat the clock during fun and puzzling "Escape Games"
- Ruin Pub crawl touring District 7's famous garden bars
- TONS of sightseeing: Heroes' Square, Street Art experiences, Andrassy Street, Parliament Building, Castle Quarter, Great Market Hall, Farmer's market, Fisherman's Bastion, St. Stephen's Basilica, Jewish Quarter sites and more
- Fun social hostel with nightly activities organized
- Local organic farmers’ market for samples galore!
- Full-time fun professional WSA local tour guide
- All local group transportation
- Dynamic group of fellow backpackers
- Discounts on all future WSA adventures
Day 0 - Thursday: Optional Arrival
Sziasztok! Opt into an early Thursday arrival- we recommend it! Those arriving Thursday can opt in to the exciting boat party on the Danube beneath the sparkling lights of the bridges, the Parliament and Budapest's Castle District. This boat cruise can be booked through the hostel when you arrive.
Day 1 - Friday: Meet Pest
We'll meet up with WSA's local guide at 10:30 at the hostel for a quick orientation. We'll stroll down Andrássy Avenue, Budapest's main boulevard. We'll continue onto some more highlights like the Hungarian Parliament building, Heroes' Square, Liberty Square, St. Stephen's Basilica, Vajdahunyad Castle. We'll zip over to the world-famous Széchenyi Baths to soak away the rest of the afternoon.
Evening: Escape games (Budapest's most popular local activity), where groups have 60 minutes to 'escape' your way out of a locked room. As long as we get out, we'll catch up with the hostel's pub crawl through Budapest's famous ruin bars! Left in shambles after WWII, this area was reborn bursting with young, fun atmosphere that can't be missed.
Day 2 - Saturday: Onto Buda
Morning: Wear comfy attire and shoes for the caving adventure later! Today we start at the Great Market--the largest and oldest indoor market in the city. Take this free time for souvineir shopping, and grab a bite at one of it's many delicious food stands and enjoy a panoramic tram ride along the Danube.
Afternoon: Now that you're well-fed, it's time to strap on jump-suits and headlamps, for caving beneath the hills of Buda! These massive underground caverns are filled with awe-inspiring stalagmite and stalactite mineral formations that draw visitors from all over the world. Those opting out of caving can take a chairlift ride to Budapest's lookout or opt into a bike cart ride on Margit Island.
Evening: We'll hit Buda's breathtaking Castle Quarter, including Matthias Church and Fisherman's Bastion. You may also opt in for the "Sparty" (Spa party) at the baths which can be booked with the hostel once you arrive.
Day 3 - Sunday: Tearful Goodbyes
Today, you are free to depart for home and catch transportation arrangements at any time. Sticking around? Stops include Szimpla farmers' market, Europe's largest Synagogue, and Budapest's trendy street art.
*Please Note: Trip itinerary and inclusions subject to change. This itinerary is WSA's best approximiation of what to expect, but as with all travel, variables may come up.
Stick around as long as you can on Sunday to enjoy:
- Visit the Farmer's market in a popular ruin bar
- Spend more time in the Jewish Quarter to check out street art and visit Europe's largest synogue
- Option to trek Margaret Island and cruise around on four wheeler tricked-out bike carts
Budapest is served by a single airport: Ferenc Liszt. Use SkyScanner.net and Google Flights to find the best flight options. Transportation into the city is ~$5USD
Unguided WSA DetourBook Now
Dive confidently into the complex and fascinating culture of Budapest with WSA’s Detour! Let us help you experience the Hungarian capital in style: hit the baths, explore underground caves, and stay at one of the city's most awesome hostels!
- Entry to the Szechenyi Thermal Baths
- Your choice of tour: biking excursion or walking tours led by locals
- Top-rated hostel, featuring fun social atmosphere, communal dinners, and a great location
- Discover a hospital in a former nuclear bunker, crawl the infamous ruin pubs, and eat up the delicious Hungarian fare to your heart’s content!
- Click "More Info below for all Budapest highlights/inclusions!
BUDAPEST KRAKOW & PRAGUE! Explore Central Europe's most unforgettable cities during your break! In 9 jam-packed days, you'll jump into the infamous thermal baths, day trip to Auschwitz, cave beneath the hills of Buda, and take in panoramic views of Prague's clock towers, and of course savor the most delicious and hearty meals.
Best of Central Europe
This trip includes the infamous thermal baths, day trip to Auschwitz, caving expedition beneath the hills of Buda, panoramic views of Prague's clock towers, and of course the most delicious and hearty meals. Hitting all the stops young travelers love, as well as the best nightlife deals with our favorite locals at each stop, you don't want to miss the BEST of Central Europe. - More Info
I had an absolutely amazing time on my WSA trip to Krakow, Poland. I felt like a got a lot out of my money and it was so nice not to have to worry about anything because WSA takes care of it all. Our guide was absolutely fantastic and was there with us for everything we needed-it was great to have someone around with you who knew the city so well. This is definitely a trip I will never forget. I already want to start planning my next WSA trip. What amazing destination to pick next is the hard part!Alison Wendler, Universsity of Washington ~ National University of Ireland, Galway, Spring 2016
Spots are limited!
We keep our groups small, so save your spot now! Check out our Tripadvisor, App Store & Facebook travel love below.
Stay up to date with upcoming tours, deals and discounts through our Facebook page!
Pick a city and go! All new budget guidebook from Andy Steves, Founder and Chief Backpacker of WSA.