WSA Cultural Bridge Scholarship
Discover Europe with WSA's study abroad scholarship
In accordance with our mission to facilitate life-changing international experiences, WSA has created the Cultural Bridge Scholarship to allow students the incredible, enriching opportunity to study abroad in Europe.
SPRING APPLICATION: DEADLINE JANUARY 15th, 2018
ABOUT WSA CULTURAL BRIDGE SCHOLARSHIP
Each semester the scholarship will be awarded to a student who demonstrates a strong passion and motivation for international education. We’re no strangers to the financial burdens studying abroad causes, and so this scholarship is meant to alleviate some of the stress and help you reach your international education goals.
Scholarship recipients will be awarded $500 USD in funds toward their semester abroad. All American undergraduate students with plans to study abroad in Europe are encouraged to apply. WSA Europe will award the scholarship based on passion and merit.
- U.S Citizen currently enrolled as an undergraduate in the US
- Has already been accepted to study abroad in Europe for Fall 2017 (proof required if selected as finalist)
- 3.0 GPA minimum
Spring 2018 deadline is January 15th, 2018.
- Completed Application Questionnaire link HERE
- Video Submission: Each submission should be 1-3 minutes and should explain why you chose to study abroad and what you hope to get out of the experience. Video production quality will not be major factor of consideration the content is much more important. You can even use something like snapchat to compile your story, save it as a memory and upload it to youtube or vimeo (or a similar platform)
Step 1: Complete your application on the form HERE. There is a question which asks for the link to your video submission so please have that ready.
Step 2: Compile the appropriate proof of eligibility (proof of GPA, acceptance letter to abroad university)
Scholarship Criteria - Applications will be judged on the following:
- Passion: Show us your excitement and be specific in explaining why you chose to study abroad in your particular program and city
- Opportunity for growth: Explain the ways in which you think your semester abroad will change you and what you hope to get from the experience
For inspiration we have included several links to finalists from past semesters
- $500 in scholarship funds will be distributed to 1 student
- Applicants must be 100% honest during the application process. Misinformation will result in disqualification
- Study abroad program must include at least 4 weeks in host country
- During travel, post at least three photos and/or status updates to Instagram and/or Facebook tagging WSA Europe
Spring 2018 scholarships: Applications are now OPEN
To process your application, please submit the attached scholarship form.
Congratulations to our Fall 2017 WINNER
Colette Parry, Simmons College
Major: Communications and Music
Studying Abroad: Maynooth University
See Colette's Submission HERE
The trip to Budapest was amazing! I did not know what to expect from Budapest because my roommate just told me to go with her so I was up for anything, but it ended up being one of my favorite trips so far of my study abroad experience. The hostel we stayed at gave us an excellent taste of the Budapest night life while Bogi took us to places that I definitely would not have been able to get to on my own or had known about if not for her WSA tour. It was a great weekend and I highly recommend it.Mary Reagan, Saint Louis University ~ St. Louis University, Madrid, Spring 2015
Spots are limited!
We keep our groups small, so save your spot now! Check out our Tripadvisor, App Store & Facebook travel love below.
Stay up to date with upcoming tours, deals and discounts through our Facebook page!
Pick a city and go! All new budget guidebook from Andy Steves, Founder and Chief Backpacker of WSA.