WSA Cultural Bridge Scholarship
Discover Europe with WSA's study abroad scholarship
In accordance with our mission to facilitate life-changing international experiences, WSA has created the Cultural Bridge Scholarship to allow students the incredible, enriching opportunity to study abroad in Europe.
FALL APPLICATION: DEADLINE EXTENDED to September 30th, 2018
ABOUT WSA CULTURAL BRIDGE SCHOLARSHIP
Each semester the scholarship will be awarded to a student who demonstrates a strong passion and motivation for international education. We’re no strangers to the financial burdens studying abroad causes, and so this scholarship is meant to alleviate some of the stress and help you reach your international education goals.
Scholarship recipients will be awarded $500 USD in funds toward their semester abroad. All American undergraduate students with plans to study abroad in Europe are encouraged to apply. WSA Europe will award the scholarship based on passion and merit.
- U.S Citizen currently enrolled as an undergraduate in the US
- Has already been accepted to study abroad in Europe for Fall 2018 (proof required if selected as finalist)
- 3.0 GPA minimum
- Completed Application Questionnaire link HERE
- Video Submission: Each submission should be 1-3 minutes and should explain why you chose to study abroad and what you hope to get out of the experience. Video production quality will not be major factor of consideration the content is much more important. You can even use something like snapchat to compile your story, save it as a memory and upload it to youtube or vimeo (or a similar platform)
Step 1: Complete your application on the form HERE. There is a question which asks for the link to your video submission so please have that ready.
Step 2: Compile the appropriate proof of eligibility (proof of GPA, acceptance letter to abroad university)
Scholarship Criteria - Applications will be judged on the following:
- Passion: Show us your excitement and be specific in explaining why you chose to study abroad in your particular program and city
- Opportunity for growth: Explain the ways in which you think your semester abroad will change you and what you hope to get from the experience
For inspiration we have included several links to finalists from past semesters
- $500 in scholarship funds will be distributed to 1 student
- Applicants must be 100% honest during the application process. Misinformation will result in disqualification
- Study abroad program must include at least 4 weeks in host country
- During travel, post at least three photos and/or status updates to Instagram and/or Facebook tagging WSA Europe
I've been in Europe since the beginning of January and have traveled every weekend. This Easter Weekend was by far the best one. The hostel was perfect and super convenient, I made a ton of new friends, and our guides (Andy, Rhianne, and Elena) made sure we saw absolutely everything in the city. The meals included were all absolutely delicious, and Andy even brought snacks every once in a while to hold us over in between meals. We were given our Easter Mass tickets the night before and strategically planned to be in the front for mass. We followed Andy's suggestions and got to sit in the very front for Mass. The wait was worth it and so was every cent of the trip's cost. I barely spent any of my own money, just on transportation to and from the airport, gelato, and food on my last day there. I would 100% recommend this company to all of my friends!Crystal Cascante, University of Florida ~ AIFS London, Spring 2016
Spots are limited!
We keep our groups small, so save your spot now! Check out our Tripadvisor, App Store & Facebook travel love below.
Stay up to date with upcoming tours, deals and discounts through our Facebook page!
Pick a city and go! All new budget guidebook from Andy Steves, Founder and Chief Backpacker of WSA.