Less Stress & More Fun!
Less Stress & More Fun!
Weekend Student Adventures is designed for the budget traveler and student who want something more from their visits to amazing European destinations. We've crafted each detour to maximize your local cultural interaction, each euro you spend, and every minute you have in some of our favorite cities on the planet. We've got packages designed to fit every budget, travel time and interest. Read on for more!
WSA Trips are all 'Fly-In' meaning meet us in the city and we'll take it from there!
Our Famous WSA Detours
These are custom-tailored DIY Packages for the more independent traveler. Think of them like a guidebook that does the work for you, including sightseeing and accommodation reservations. These tips are pulled from Andy Steves' book, Andy Steves' Europe: City-Hopping on a Budget. Learn more about Detours here.
Multi-City Adventure Detours (4-10 days)
These trips are perfect if you've got a bit more time to spend traveling with us. Our packages take you through Ireland (Dublin & Galway), Central Europe (Prague, Krakow and Budapest), Northern Loop (Amsterdam, Paris and Barcelona) and Italy (Venice, Cinque Terre, Pisa, Florence & Rome). These are definitely the best value, with tons included and all inter-city transportation throughout the week.
With 200+ 5-star reviews on Tripadvisor, and a 4.7/5 star review on Facebook, we're proud of the incredible experiences we offer in all of our destinations. We're constantly tweaking and improving these weekend and week-long tour packages, but given the feedback we've received, we know we're headed the right direction! Students always tell us they wish they knew about us sooner, and traveled with us more.
Our Trips Include a lot more than the 'Other Guys':
- Accommodations at our favorite city-center hostel accommodations
- Skip-the-line entry to the key sights (e.g. the Eiffel Tower and Louvre in Paris, Colosseum and Vatican in Rome, etc.)
- Unique, insider local activities (Caving in Budapest, canal cruising in Amsterdam, flamenco in Barcelona)
- WSA handout including your itinerary and free time suggestions for every taste
Here's a bit more on what makes us different and how we get all those 5-star reviews:
Our hostels are all hand selected, reserved ahead of time at the best rate, to ensure they have a fun atmosphere, unbeatable location, and top reviews. Hostels are a great way to meet new people from all over the world while saving money.
Included, Skip-the-Line Sightseeing
WSA knows you want to experience the key sights in each city, so we include them! And we skip the line into each site along the way, saving you hours. With the time saved, we can check out cool neighborhoods and unique markets around town. It's a win-win!
Our competition doesn't include skipping the 2-hour lines in their packages. They will often walk you up to the entrance of the Sagrada Familia in Barcelona or the Eiffel Tower in Paris and leave you there to handle the rest.
Authentic Dining Experiences
Food is one of the best ways to experience new cultures and our local guides know all the best spots. We're excited to share unique cultural dining experiences for you in every single WSA destination. Pizza, gelato and wine in Rome? Done. Hearty goulash and world-famous beer in Prague? Absolutely.
Meet Us at the Hostel
Show up at the hostel, and we'll take it from there. Our trips maximize:
- FLEXIBILITY: Our trips jive with your schedule. Late class on Thursday? No problem, book a later flight. Have extra time? Extend your stay in the city.
- OPTIONS: Coordinate a weekend adventure with friends studying in other cities. Book the same weekend and you're guaranteed a great time together.
- BUDGET & TIME: Booking your own airfare gives you all the control
BOOKED WITH WSA? Here's what to expect:
- You'll receive a confirmation email immediately with your booking confirmation numbers and details
- About 5 days before the trip (usually Sunday or Monday) you'll receive a prep email with all the key info for your upcoming experience with WSA (e.g. weather forecast, directions into the hostel, currency information if applicable, etc.)
- The trip itself is always busy--we pack in a ton of sightseeing, great culinary experiences, free time for you to explore, and of course nights out to experience the living culture each city is uniquely famous for.
- We recommend staying as long as you can in each destination and itinerary.
This past weekend a group of my friends and I decided to go to Budapest, but wanted to go with a group because we were unsure of what we wanted to do and how to plan our trip. Booking the trip through WSA was the best idea we ever had. It was basically all planned out for us (excluding flights). It was great because there were plenty of things planned for us that were included in the package, but there was also a bit of free time for us to explore the city and do the things we were most interested in. I really enjoyed the caving and thermal baths we visited during our trip! Also the hostel that was booked for us through WSA was great and our tour guide, Bogi, was amazing! I would definitely recommend this trip to everyone and am happy to say that I will be booking more trips with WSA in the future!Danielle Maclain, Concordia University - Irvine ~ AIFS Richmond, Spring 2015
Spots are limited!
We keep our groups small, so save your spot now! Check out our Tripadvisor, App Store & Facebook travel love below.
Stay up to date with upcoming tours, deals and discounts through our Facebook page!
Pick a city and go! All new budget guidebook from Andy Steves, Founder and Chief Backpacker of WSA.