Rome - The Eternal City
Guided Weekend TripBook Now
Explore the magic of the “Eternal City”. Retrace the footsteps of gladiators at the Colosseum, skip the line into the Vatican and marvel at the art, drama filled history, and amazing architecture. You’ll be able to enjoy a walking tour along the Spanish Steps, and toss a coin into the Trevi fountain ensuring this won’t be your last trip to Rome!
- Skip-the-line into the Colosseum, Vatican, St. Peter's, and the Roman Forum
- Stroll along the Spanish steps and toss a coin into the Trevi Fountain
- Visit the Campo de Fiori market where you can find handmade Italian goods
- Gelato 101 lesson complete with samples
- Optional authentic Italian dinner with wine
- Avoid the tourist traps and instead hit the authentic local eateries
- Stay at our favorite Roman hostel
- Enjoy Rome's best nightlife and exclusive WSA discounts
- Feb 9- Feb 11
- EASTER March 29- April 1
- Feb 23- Feb 25
- March 9- March 11
- April 13- April 15
- May 4-May 6
- May 11- May 13
- June 15- June 17
- July 13- July 15
If your date isn't included, email us
and we'll try to squeeze you in!
Meet Your Tour Guide:
Originally from England, I moved to Rome in 2011 because... well... it is the sexiest city in the world! With me you will have a very unique experience... Italy from a British perspective... and with a British accent!!!! I have experienced these cities as a tourist and as a student, so I understand exactly how you feel, and I aim to make this the best trip ever and help you make the most out of every second!
Tour kicks off Friday promptly at 10am from the hostel, so we strongly recommend that you arrive Thursday night! We visit the Vatican on Friday afternoon and unfortunately this can't be made up on Sunday because it is closed.
*Note: Allow up to 2 hours of transportation time between the airport and hostel.
WSA ROME 3 Days, 2 Nights INCLUDED:
- Skip-the-Line entry into the Coloseum, Vatican , St. Peter's and Roman Forum
- City walking tours covering the Spanish steps, Pantheon, Piazza Navona, and more
- Toss a coin into the Trevi Fountain
- Stop at Campo de Fiori Market where you can purchse handmade Italian goods
- Gelato 101 lesson complete with samples
- Party at the top Roman hot spots with exclusive WSA discounts
- All local group transportation
- Two nights accomodation at top hostel (3rd and 4th night optional)
- Full-time service of your private, local WSA guide
- Young, dynamic group (30 max) of fellow travelers
- Discounts on future WSA trips
- Italian feast with top-notch cuisine and wine
- Extra night hostel stays (Thursday and Sunday)
- There is a €3/night city tax that the hostel will charge you upon arrival
ROME 3 Days, 2 Nights ITINERARY
Day 0 - Thursday (optional early arrival highly recomended)
With such a big, incredible city, we highlyrecommend arriving on Thursday for more time to explore. Our guide can meet you at the hostel and help you arrange for dinner or nightlife
Day 1 - Friday: Papal Rome
We'll meet up at the hostel promptly at 10 AM to go over the plan for the weekend. Toss back a double espresso because we're headed out for a walking tour of the Spanish Steps, Trevi Fountain, Pantheon, and Piazza Navona. Next its on to St. Peter's and the Vatican Museums! These halls are packed with the most priceless artwork in the world which will keep you on your feet for hours. We'll head back to the hostel for a quick break and then we'll meet up for the optional dinner with wine. Unfortunately if you arrive later on Friday and miss the vatican you may not have the chance to make this up since it is closed on Sunday.
Day 2 - Saturday: Ancient Rome
We'll head to the Colosseum, then visit the ancient forum and you'll have the oppportunity to grab lunch near the city center. Next we're off to Campo de'Fiori market for handmade Italian goods. You'll have some free time in the afternoon and we'll meet up for a group dinner and your guide will show you Rome's top hot spots with WSA exclusive discounts.
Day 3 - Sunday: Tearful Goodbyes
The tour ends after breakfast and students are welcome to depart at any time that suits them and their travel arrangements. Your WSA guide will make recommendations for those who have extra time in town. We recommend the Galleria Borghese for amazing Baroque art or the Porta Portese flea market for some incredible antique discoveries.
WSA EASTER ROME 4 Days, 3 Nights
Day 1, Thursday - Arrival
Get in anytime throughout the day. Check into the hostel at any time and meet up with our guides leaving periodically for various neighborhoods and fun cafes and bars.
Day 2, Friday - Welcome and Pope's Rome
We'll kick off the weekend early at 8am and head over to the Vatican Museums for an early entry into St. Peter's Basilica and the Sistine Chapel. We'll climb Gianicolo in the afternoon and take the rest of the evening to wander back through the center.
Option for Stations of the Cross with Pope Francis at 8pm.
Day 3, Saturday - Ancient Rome
We'll head out at 9:30am to meet our professional guide who will walk us through the Colosseum and Forum. After an included sandwich lunch, we'll continue to the Pantheon, Trevi Fountain and Spanish Steps. We'll have a group dinner tonight, with options for nightlife. This is where we'll hand out the included tickets to Easter Mass with Pope Francis.
Day 4, Sunday - Easter Rome
The day is yours to get up as early as you want to head to the Vatican where Pope Francis will lead the Easter Sunday celebrations in the square outside St. Pere's Basilica. Plan flights and departures accordingly, and not before 3pm.
Unguided WSA DetourBook Now
Our DIY Rome tour gets you into the Colosseum, Ancient Forum, Vatican Museums, Sistine Chapel and St. Peter's Basilica all without standing in line. Don't forget our top recommendations for pizza, panini, espresso, and gelato!
- Skip the line entry into the Colosseum & the Vatican Museums
- Top hostel accommodations just steps from main Rome Termini Station with free WiFi and inviting atmosphere
- All roads lead to Rome: In a city known for having the some of the best culinary creations in the world we provide the local insider info to discover the best of the best for pizza, gelato, wine, and pasta
- Skip the line passes into the Colosseum and the Vatican
WSA Detours allow for you to show up and have all the fun, and none of the headache. These newly updated Detours help you know all our favorite places in Rome.
- 2 nights in our favorite hostel in Rome
- Skip-the-line entry into the Colosseum and Forum
- Skip-the-line entry into the Vatican Museums and Sistine Chapel
- Guidebook chapter for Rome researched and compiled by Andy Steves
VENICE CINQUE TERRE PISA FLORENCE
ROME Tour the best of Italy on our Italian Extravaganza! Dive into the best pesto, pasta, pizza and gelato you've ever tasted. And enjoy a fun guide while exploring these amazing cities.
Experience the best Italy has to offer on a 10-day whirlwind adventure through Venice, Cinque Terre, Florence, Pisa and Rome! - More Info
This past weekend a group of my friends and I decided to go to Budapest, but wanted to go with a group because we were unsure of what we wanted to do and how to plan our trip. Booking the trip through WSA was the best idea we ever had. It was basically all planned out for us (excluding flights). It was great because there were plenty of things planned for us that were included in the package, but there was also a bit of free time for us to explore the city and do the things we were most interested in. I really enjoyed the caving and thermal baths we visited during our trip! Also the hostel that was booked for us through WSA was great and our tour guide, Bogi, was amazing! I would definitely recommend this trip to everyone and am happy to say that I will be booking more trips with WSA in the future!Danielle Maclain, Concordia University - Irvine ~ AIFS Richmond, Spring 2015
Spots are limited!
We keep our groups small, so save your spot now! Check out our Tripadvisor, App Store & Facebook travel love below.
Stay up to date with upcoming tours, deals and discounts through our Facebook page!
Pick a city and go! All new budget guidebook from Andy Steves, Founder and Chief Backpacker of WSA.