Rome - The Eternal City
Guided Weekend TripBook Now
Explore the magic of the “Eternal City”. Retrace the footsteps of gladiators at the Colosseum, skip the line into the Vatican and marvel at the art, drama filled history, and amazing architecture. You’ll be able to enjoy a walking tour along the Spanish Steps, and toss a coin into the Trevi fountain ensuring this won’t be your last trip to Rome!
- Skip-the-line into the Colosseum, Vatican, St. Peter's, and the Roman Forum
- Stroll along the Spanish steps and toss a coin into the Trevi Fountain
- Visit the Campo de Fiori market where you can find handmade Italian goods
- Gelato 101 lesson complete with samples
- Optional authentic Italian dinner with wine
- Avoid the tourist traps and instead hit the authentic local eateries
- Stay at our favorite Roman hostel
- Enjoy Rome's best nightlife and exclusive WSA discounts
- Fri Oct 20- Sun Oct 22
- Fri Nov 3- Sun Nov 5
- Fri Nov 10- Sun Nov 12
- Fri Nov 24- Sun Nov 26
- Fri Dec 8- Sun Dec 10
If your date isn't included, email us
and we'll try to squeeze you in!
Meet Your Tour Guide:
Originally from England, I moved to Rome in 2011 because... well... it is the sexiest city in the world! With me you will have a very unique experience... Italy from a British perspective... and with a British accent!!!! I have experienced these cities as a tourist and as a student, so I understand exactly how you feel, and I aim to make this the best trip ever and help you make the most out of every second!
Tour kicks off Friday promptly at 10am from the hostel, so we strongly recommend that you arrive Thursday night! We visit the Vatican on Friday afternoon and unfortunately this can't be made up on Sunday because it is closed.
*Note: Allow up to 2 hours of transportation time between the airport and hostel.
WSA ROME includes:
- Skip-the-Line entry into the Coloseum, Vatican , St. Peter's and Roman Forum
- City walking tours covering the Spanish steps, Pantheon, Piazza Navona, and more
- Toss a coin into the Trevi Fountain
- Stop at Campo de Fiori Market where you can purchse handmade Italian goods
- Gelato 101 lesson complete with samples
- Party at the top Roman hot spots with exclusive WSA discounts
- All local group transportation
- Two nights accomodation at top hostel (3rd and 4th night optional)
- Full-time service of your private, local WSA guide
- Young, dynamic group (30 max) of fellow travelers
- Discounts on future WSA trips
Options to add:
- Italian feast with top-notch cuisine and wine
- Extra night hostel stays (Thursday and Sunday)
There is a €3/night city tax that the hostel will charge you upon arrival
Day 0 - Thursday (optional early arrival highly recomended)
With such a big, incredible city, we highlyrecommend arriving on Thursday for more time to explore. Our guide can meet you at the hostel and help you arrange for dinner or nightlife
Day 1 - Friday: Papal Rome
We'll meet up at the hostel promptly at 10 AM to go over the plan for the weekend. Toss back a double espresso because we're headed out for a walking tour of the Spanish Steps, Trevi Fountain, Pantheon, and Piazza Navona. Next its on to St. Peter's and the Vatican Museums! These halls are packed with the most priceless artwork in the world which will keep you on your feet for hours. We'll head back to the hostel for a quick break and then we'll meet up for the optional dinner with wine. Unfortunately if you arrive later on Friday and miss the vatican you may not have the chance to make this up since it is closed on Sunday.
Day 2 - Saturday: Ancient Rome
We'll head to the Colosseum, then visit the ancient forum and you'll have the oppportunity to grab lunch near the city center. Next we're off to Campo de'Fiori market for handmade Italian goods. You'll have some free time in the afternoon and we'll meet up for a group dinner and your guide will show you Rome's top hot spots with WSA exclusive discounts.
Day 3 - Sunday: Tearful Goodbyes
The tour ends after breakfast and students are welcome to depart at any time that suits them and their travel arrangements. Your WSA guide will make recommendations for those who have extra time in town. We recommend the Galleria Borghese for amazing Baroque art or the Porta Portese flea market for some incredible antique discoveries.Book Now
Unguided WSA DetourBook Now
Our DIY Rome tour gets you into the Colosseum, Ancient Forum, Vatican Museums, Sistine Chapel and St. Peter's Basilica all without standing in line. Don't forget our top recommendations for pizza, panini, espresso, and gelato!
- Skip the line entry into the Colosseum & the Vatican Museums
- Top hostel accommodations just steps from main Rome Termini Station with free WiFi and inviting atmosphere
- All roads lead to Rome: In a city known for having the some of the best culinary creations in the world we provide the local insider info to discover the best of the best for pizza, gelato, wine, and pasta
- Skip the line passes into the Colosseum and the Vatican
Experience the best Italy has to offer on a 10-day whirlwind adventure through Venice, Cinque Terre, Florence, Pisa and Rome! - More Info
Andy and his crew were awesome. They helped us navigate the city and showed us its innumerable historic sites (Colosseum, Vatican, Trevi Fountain, etc.) with the option of going to Easter Mass at the Vatican if you pick the right weekend. All I have to say was that being in the third row at...Joshua Dyer, Bridgewater State University ~ University of Limerick, Spring 2016
Spots are limited!
We keep our groups small, so save your spot now! Check out our Tripadvisor, App Store & Facebook travel love below.
Stay up to date with upcoming tours, deals and discounts through our Facebook page!
Pick a city and go! All new budget guidebook from Andy Steves, Founder and Chief Backpacker of WSA.