Guided TripBook Now
Experience the BEST of Italy on this 10-day whirlwind adventure across 5 destinations: Get lost in the canals of Venice, hike trails along the Cinque Terre, snap selfies in front of Pisa’s Leaning Tower and take in world-famous sights and flavors (pizza, pasta & gelato galore) of Florence, Venice and Rome.
- EXPLORE all the Italian icons: The Vatican, Colosseum, St. Peter's Basilica, the Pantheon, Ancient Roman Forum, Piazzale Michaelangelo, St. Mark's Cathedral
- SIP Tuscan wine in Florence and learn what makes it so delicious
- SAVOR authentic Italian seafood, pasta, pizza, gelato, focaccia, and espresso- it doesn't get better than this
- SHOP at local markets and purchase hand made Italian goods
- HIKE along the scenic Cinque Terre and enjoy a picnic with breathtaking views
- WATCH a glass blowing demonstration in Venice
- 10 DAYS covering 5 destinations all intercity transportation included
- Feb 23- Mar 4 Rome-Venice
- Mar 2- Mar 11 Venice-Rome
- Mar 23- April 1 Venice- Rome EASTER
- March 29- April 8 Rome-Venice EASTER
- April 6- April 15 Venice-Rome
- April 13- April 22 Rome-Venice
- May 11- May 20 Rome-Venice
- June 15- June 24 Rome-Venice
- July 13- July 22 Rome-Venice
If your date isn't included, email us
and we'll try to squeeze you in!
- Cinque Terre
Meet Your Tour Guide:
Originally from England, I moved to Rome in 2011 because... well... it is the sexiest city in the world! With me you will have a very unique experience... Italy from a British perspective... and with a British accent!!!! I have experienced these cities as a tourist and as a student, so I understand exactly how you feel, and I aim to make this the best trip ever and help you make the most out of every second!
- 9 nights, 10 days top hostel accommodations (Venice, Cinque Terre, Pisa, Florence, Rome) or (Rome, Florence, Cinque Terre, Pisa, Rome)
- VENICE: Vaporetto ride, typical Venetian dinner, Rialto bridge, private glassblowing demonstration, walking tour of St. Mark’s Square & St. Mark’s Basilica and optional add on gondola ride
- CINQUE TERRE: Local produce of pesto, wine, focaccia & cheese and of course hiking the dramatic coastline trails
- PISA: Stop and photo op in front of the leaning tower
- FLORENCE: photo op at the tower of Pisa, walking tour of all the top piazzas, typical Florentine aperitivo, leather market and Tuscan wine tasting
- ROME: Skip-the-line into the Colosseum, Ancient Forum, Vatican Museums, Sistine Chapel, St. Peter’s Basilica & Pantheon, Gelato 101 lesson and tasting, local Roman feast of pizza, pasta & wine
- Please arrive by 10am to the hostel on Friday to make sure you don't miss out on any sights.
- Most hostels will charge individuals for the city tax in each city, usually 1.50-3 Euro/night/person. This is not included in price of package
Included on EASTER Italy: Include THURSDAY night hostel stay in addition to Friday and Saturday, Tickets to Easter Mass at St. Peter's with Pope Francis AND extra meals in Rome.Book Now
Unguided WSA DetourBook Now
Our DIY package lets you explore the best that Italy has to offer all at your own pace! Experience the highlights of Rome, Florence, Cinque Terre and Venice and skip the line into all the top sights!
Our WSA Detours give you all the insider info to help you connect the dots on your own. All you've got to do is pick up our recommended connections between each city. Read on for more info.
- Skip the line into the top sights in Italy: Colosseum, Roman Forum, Vatican Museums, Sistine Chapel, St. Peter’s Basilica, and Doge's Palace
- 9 nights accommodation at our favorite hostels throughout Italy
- Inside scoop on the best food, nightlife, sights, activities, viewpoints and more throughout the city
- Cinque Terre
We've optimized a 10-day visit throughout Italy just for you. You've got two itineraries to choose from: Venice-Rome or Rome-Venice:
WSA's Italian Detour Venice-Rome Itinerary
Days 1 & 2 - Explore Venice and see the Doge's Palace
Days 3 & 4 - Connect over to the world famous Cinque Terre for a beautiful day of hiking through nature
Days 5 & 6 - Stop at the Leaning Tower of Pisa for a selfie, and continue on to the Renaissance city of Florence.
Days 7, 8 & 9 - Head to Rome where you'll skip the line into the Colosseum, Forum, Vatican Museums & Sistine Chapel all included!
Day 10 - Our adventure is sadly over. We'll provide directions for connecting to the airport.
WSA's Italy Detour Rome-Venice Itinerary
Days 1, 2 & 3 - Arrive in Rome and skip the line into the Colosseum, Forum, Vatican Museums & Sistine Chapel!
Days 4 & 5 - Head to the Renaissance capital of Florence to dive into its student culture and nightlife
Days 6 & 7 - After a quick stop in Pisa for a selfie in front of the Leaning Tower, head to a breathtaking hike through the trails of the Cinque Terre
Days 8 & 9 - Connect over to Venice for the Doge's Palace and St. Mark's Basilica
Day 10 - Trip over :( We'll provide directions to the airport.
Flights & Transportation
Book flights into your starting city on day 1 and out of your finishing city on day 10. You can opt to extend your stay or arrive early. For early arrivals, remember that you'll then arrive on "day 0" and fly out on day 10.
Trains are recommended, but not included, between cities. Your Detour guide will recommend which tickets to buy. Trains run often throughout the day and you can purchase them in person on arrival. Estimate prices:
Venice-Cinque Terre: €28-58
Cinque Terre-Pisa-Florence: €12-26
Florence-Rome: €9-25Book Now
This past weekend a group of my friends and I decided to go to Budapest, but wanted to go with a group because we were unsure of what we wanted to do and how to plan our trip. Booking the trip through WSA was the best idea we ever had. It was basically all planned out for us (excluding flights). It was great because there were plenty of things planned for us that were included in the package, but there was also a bit of free time for us to explore the city and do the things we were most interested in. I really enjoyed the caving and thermal baths we visited during our trip! Also the hostel that was booked for us through WSA was great and our tour guide, Bogi, was amazing! I would definitely recommend this trip to everyone and am happy to say that I will be booking more trips with WSA in the future!Danielle Maclain, Concordia University - Irvine ~ AIFS Richmond, Spring 2015
Spots are limited!
We keep our groups small, so save your spot now! Check out our Tripadvisor, App Store & Facebook travel love below.
Stay up to date with upcoming tours, deals and discounts through our Facebook page!
Pick a city and go! All new budget guidebook from Andy Steves, Founder and Chief Backpacker of WSA.