Amsterdam - Europe’s Most Liberated City
Guided Weekend TripBook Now
Come explore one of the most fascinating cities Europe has to offer. We’ll navigate the alleyways and beautiful canals to the Van Gogh Museum, Red Light District, Anne Frank House, China Town, and the best pancake and apple pie houses in the world! Take a sunset cruise along the canals and see the city as it was meant to bee seen. We’ll stay in Amsterdam’s top-rated hostel in the very heart of the Red Light District so you’re never far from the action.
- Skip-the-line passes into the Anne Frank House and Van Gogh Museum (not included in June-August trips)
- Cruise the canals at sunset
- Let our local guide Arthur show you Amsterdam’s historic center and Red Light District
- Stay at Amsterdam’s top rated hostel perfectly located in the city center
- Sample traditional Dutch food like apple pie, pancakes and stroopwafels
- Nightlife highlights: Leidseplein entertainment district, Marie Heinekenplein, and coffee shops
- Browse through Amsterdam's floating tulip market
- Snag a photo in front of the famous IAmsterdam sign
- Witness a private diamond cutting demonstration
If your date isn't included, email us
and we'll try to squeeze you in!
Meet Your Tour Guide:
"Arthur was the best tour guide! He knew was really fun and informative, and showed all the historical spots and all the other cool spots Amsterdam is known for." Allison, November 2015
As a former history student, I’ll take you to all the best sights of one of the most preserved historical cities in the world, while taking you through all the ins and outs of Dutch culture. My regular 9 to 5 is running one of the best Comedy Clubs in the entertainment district of Leidseplein, where I’ll show you the “other” side of Amsterdam till late into the night!
Learn more about Arthur
- Skip-the-line passes to the Anne Frank House and the Van Gogh museum (not included in June-August trips)
- Private diamond cutting tour & demonstration
- Two nights accommodation (3 & 4 nights optional) at a top rated hostel in the heart of Amsterdam
- Get the local scoop on Amsterdam's historic center, the Red Light District, and Renaissance Canals
- Visit to the trendy Jordaan district & North Market for the best apple pie in the city
- A sampling of our favorite international cuisines: Thai, Indonesian, French & more
- Full time service and expertise of our local, professional WSA guide Arthur
- All local group transportation
- A fun, young, and small group of fellow backpackers
- Insider scoop on the best food, activities, and off-the-beaten path experiences
- Discounts to all other WSA trips and more!
Pancake Brunch at Amsterdam's top-rated bakery. Dutch pancakes done right!
Evening boat cruise through the infamous canals (Amsterdam has more of them than Venice!)
Come early and stay late! option to add Thursday or Sunday night stay at the hostel.
If your date isn't included, email us at [email protected] and we'll try to squeeze you in!
Tour kicks off Friday around 10am at the hostel, so we recommend that you arrive Thursday night!Book Now
Unguided WSA DetourBook Now
More of a solo backpacker? WSA Detours are perfect for you. Go deeper into the world-famous city of fascinating architecture, red lights, canals, and herbal remedies. WSA’s Detour Insider Destination Guide will have you seeing the city's most popular sights, and help you to find the city’s best local cuisine and coffee shops!
- Entry to the Anne Frank House* AND Heineken Experience
- Stay at one of the city’s top rated hostels located right in the city center
- Get the insider’s guide to the best things to do and where to do them
- Optional evening canal cruise
I had such an awesome weekend with my WSA group! Our leader was so great, really cool and nice. We got to see everything and it didn't feel rushed at all.Gerty Flagg, Keene State College ~ Fall 2015
Spots are limited!
We keep our groups small, so save your spot now! Check out our Tripadvisor, App Store & Facebook travel love below.
Stay up to date with upcoming tours, deals and discounts through our Facebook page!
Pick a city and go! All new budget guidebook from Andy Steves, Founder and Chief Backpacker of WSA.