Less Stress & More Fun!
Less Stress & More Fun!
ALL Guided Weekend Trips Include:
- Two-night stay at our favorite hostel accommodations
- Full-time service and expertise of WSA local leader
- Skip-the-line entry to the key sights (e.g. the Eiffel Tower and Louvre in Paris, Colosseum and Vatican in Rome, etc.)
- Group dinners at top eateries (either included, or pay your way. See destination for details)
- Unique, insider local activities (Caving in Budapest, diamond-cutting in Amsterdam, flamenco in Barcelona)
- WSA handout including your itinerary and free time suggestions for every taste
- All local group transportation
- Delicious meals where included (see each destination for details)
- And more! See each destination for full details and inclusions
Kick-ass, professional local leaders
No one can truly show off a destination as well as someone who lives there! WSA's Locals are professional guides armed with intimate knowledge about their home towns hand-selected by Andy Steves. WSA's guides get you off the beaten track to reveal the insider's take on these world-class destinations.
Other companies pair you with amateurs who don't know much more about the destination they're taking you to than you do. Regularly given top ratings, WSA guides bring these cities to life, rather than just taking attendance. We know guides can either make or break your trip and we pick the best ones!
Our hostels are all hand selected, reserved ahead of time at the best rate, to ensure they have a fun atmosphere, unbeatable location, and top reviews. Hostels are a great way to meet new people from all over the world while saving money.
WSA includes all of it--with group and in your free time.
Our competition doesn't include any. In cities like London and Paris, local transportation can easily climb way past 30 euros throughout the course of a weekend just by riding the metro or bus.
Included, Skip-the-Line Sightseeing
WSA knows you want to experience the key sights in each city, so we include them! And we skip the line into each site along the way, saving you hours. With the time saved, we can check out cool neighborhoods and unique markets around town. It's a win-win!
Our competition doesn't include skipping the 2-hour lines in their packages. They will often walk you up to the entrance of the Sagrada Familia in Barcelona or the Eiffel Tower in Paris and leave you there to handle the rest.
Authentic Dining Experiences
Food is one of the best ways to experience new cultures and our local guides know all the best spots. We're excited to share unique cultural dining experiences for you in every single WSA destination. Pizza, gelato and wine in Rome? Done. Hearty goulash and world-famous beer in Prague? Absolutely. And our local leaders know the perfect spots.
Small to Mid-Sized Groups
Our max group size is 30, allowing:
A personalized approach, with fascinating insights on the sights you're visiting
A group of dynamic, young travelers that's less like a herd, and more like a family
The opportunity to dine in more authentic restaurants
The ability to get across town more quickly and efficiently
You to connect with the local culture
Other tour companies run groups of up to 150 people. With group sizes that large, their "guides" are reduced to crowd-herders.
Meet Us at the Hostel
Show up at the hostel, and we'll take it from there. Our trips maximize:
FLEXIBILITY: Our trips jive with your schedule. Late class on Thursday? No problem, book a later flight. Have extra time? Extend your stay in the city.
OPTIONS: Coordinate a weekend adventure with friends studying in other cities. Book the same weekend and you're guaranteed a great time together.
BUDGET & TIME: Booking your own airfare gives you all the control
BOOKED WITH WSA? Here's what to expect:
- You'll receive a confirmation email immediately with your booking confirmation numbers and details
- The option to arrive and meet with your guide Thursday night or Friday morning
- About 5 days before the trip (usually Sunday or Monday) you'll receive a prep email with all the key info for your upcoming experience with WSA (e.g. weather forecast, directions into the hostel, currency information if applicable, etc.)
- The trip itself is always busy--we pack in a ton of sightseeing, great culinary experiences, free time for you to explore, and of course nights out to experience the living culture each city is uniquely famous for.
- We recommend arriving Thursday evening, and departing as late as possible on Sunday to give you as much time as possible in-destination. Our guides fill Sundays with fun optional activities such as trips to local farmers markets and our favorite spots around the city.
Andy and his crew were awesome. They helped us navigate the city and showed us its innumerable historic sites (Colosseum, Vatican, Trevi Fountain, etc.) with the option of going to Easter Mass at the Vatican if you pick the right weekend. All I have to say was that being in the third row at...Joshua Dyer, Bridgewater State University ~ University of Limerick, Spring 2016
Spots are limited!
We keep our groups small, so save your spot now! Check out our Tripadvisor, App Store & Facebook travel love below.
Stay up to date with upcoming tours, deals and discounts through our Facebook page!
Pick a city and go! All new budget guidebook from Andy Steves, Founder and Chief Backpacker of WSA.